1. How do you determine eligibility? We offer scholarships to children/families on the Head Start over-income wait list. Scholarships are offered to families in the order of the wait list.
2. Do I have a choice of preschools? Yes, Livingston Promise currently partners with six (6) quality early childhood providers throughout Livingston County. Placement is based on parents’ choice and provider capacity. See available providers.
3. When do you award scholarships? We begin contacting families within the first two weeks after school starts in September or as soon as Livingston Promise receives the Head Start over-income wait list.
4. Does Livingston Promise provide transportation? No, we do not provide transportation. Parents/guardians are responsible for transportation of their child to/from preschool.
5. I work full-time. Will this scholarship cover all-day preschool? No, the Livingston Promise Scholarship will cover up to 16 hours of preschool per week. Provider costs greater than this are the parents’ responsibility. Parents may work with selected provider to determine additional cost.
For more questions email Robin Schutz, Livingston Promise President: firstname.lastname@example.org.